Minority Educational Institutions Student Partnership Program (MEISPP) – Summer 2022 in Oak Ridge, TN for ORAU/ORISe
Job : 09-Feb-22
Site: Oakridge, Tennessee
Preferred education: Current undergraduate
Earth and environmental sciences: atmospheric sciences
Government and National Laboratory
Research and development
The Partnership Program for Students in Minority Educational Institutions provides paid 10-week summer internship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students at minority-serving institutions.
MEISPP is designed to provide talented students with internships that introduce them to a variety of entry-level and mid-level research, technical, and professional positions within the Department of Energy and its national laboratories.
How to register
Applications and supporting documents should be submitted at https://www.zintellect.com/Opportunity/Details/DOE-ED-MEISPP-2022
Application deadline: March 31, 2022, 11:59 p.m. EST
Why should I apply?
Being selected to participate in the MEISPP offers the following advantages:
• Stipends starting at $650 per week for undergraduate students and $750 per week for graduate students.
• Housing allowance starting at $240/week
• Travel reimbursement to/from assigned location up to $1,000
• Explore disciplines such as science, technology, engineering, business, math, politics, law, and more.
• Gain professional and technical career experience with guidance from a mentor to support your career goals
• Develop professional networks with leading scientists and subject matter experts
• Be a US citizen
• Be at least 18 years old
• Be an undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited Minority-Serving (MSI) institution of higher learning majoring in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and other fields that support the DOE mission. Most accredited U.S. post-secondary institutions that meet the statutory criteria for identification as minority-serving institutions are listed at https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ope/idues/2021eligibilitymatrix.xlsx
• Be available to participate in the full 10-week program.
Questions? [email protected]
Please share this information with friends and colleagues who may be interested in opportunities with the DOE.
The DOE has partnered with the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) to administer this program.